Senior Class Giving at UMaine
It is a Black Bear tradition. Seniors are encouraged to make a gift to their department, college, or a favorite activity as a way for members of the graduating class to give back to the university like those who came before them.
University of Maine Senior class philanthropy is facilitated by the UMaine Foundation.
Consider joining the tradition of Senior Class Giving at UMaine:
Seniors who choose to make a senior class gift of $20.21 or more:
• are invited to the True Blue Toast, a champagne and cupcake reception hosted by University of Maine Foundation President Jeff Mills ’82 at Buchanan Alumni House prior to graduation.
• will receive a Philanthropy cord to wear with their cap and gown at commencement in recognition of their philanthropic commitment to UMaine if they attend the toast
• become a member of the UMaine Loyal M Society (only current students are admitted with their first gift)
Seniors who make a gift of $20.21 or more and a commitment to a five-year pledge* of at least $250, to be paid prior to their 5th Reunion receive:
• an invitation to the True Blue Toast
• the Philanthropy Cord
• membership in the UMaine Loyal M Society (only current students are admitted with their first gift)
• an invitation to attend the Annual President’s Club Brunch at Homecoming during their 5th Reunion celebration (October, 2025) when their pledge is completed.
*Pledge payments would be due in 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026.
The University of Maine has provided me with so many wonderful opportunities and experiences, so the least that I can do is give back. I am giving back to say thank you to the place, the people, and the community that has shaped me over the past four years. I will forever be thankful for the relationships I have built, the knowledge I have gained, and the path I have created for my future, here at the University of Maine.
I decided to give back to UMaine as a Class of 2020 alum because of how much it has given to me in my four years here. Not only has it given me many opportunities and experiences, but it also has shown me how I can better the community and make an impact.
Your Class of 2020 Senior Class Gift makes you a new member of the Loyal M Society of the University of Maine — a gift club recognizing consecutive support of the UMaine Annual Fund. Current UMaine students are welcomed with their first gift.
I have been a member of the Loyal M Society for over 44 years. UMaine was and continues to be an important part of my life.
Your gifts, large or small, are integral to the University and being part of this loyal group will keep you connected to the College of Our Hearts, Always!
Senior Class Giving is a great program for seniors to give back to the people and the area that helped us the most in achieving our degree. When my fellow classmates and I walk across that stage with our philanthropy cords we will be sending out the message to other students and alumni that even as students we can make a difference with a small gift of $20.19
I decided to give to UMaine in honor of my class because in my time here, I have been given so many wonderful opportunities that I wanted to find a way to give back and say thank you. Giving to UMaine is one way I can remain connected to the community after my time here ends.