The University of Maine Foundation seeks an organized and meticulous professional to assist with gift entry and data maintenance.
Please apply by mail or email and include a letter of application, resume, and names and phone numbers of three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: Human Resources, University of Maine Foundation, Two Alumni Place, Orono, Maine 04469
The Data Specialist will be a dual report to the Manager of Gift Processing and the Manager of Programming & Reporting.
The Data Specialist assists with gift entry and data maintenance in Advance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Gift Processing (50%)
- Processes gifts in Advance.
- Processes pledges and pledge payments.
- Processes matching gift claims.
- Updates databases and filing systems.
- Advance Data Maintenance and Projects (50%)
- Processes NCOA updates
- Performs bio data maintenance and cleanup
- Assists in the preparation of data for append and data load projects
- Matches unformatted load data
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Computer and Software Proficient
- Analytical/Strategic Thinking
- Organization/Project Management
- Accuracy and Detail Oriented
- Discretion and Judgment
- Interpersonal/Relationship Management
The Data Specialist has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Schedule, Location and Environment
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Due to the nature of the position work beyond regular hours, to include evenings and weekends, may be necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
This position requires the ability to travel occasionally.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree and two years of office experience with word processing, spreadsheets and databases; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Ellucian Advance or other fundraising applications.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, gender identity, gender experience, whistleblower activity, or any other classification protected by law in all personnel actions including, without limitation, hiring, training, compensation benefits, promotion, leave and termination. The Foundation will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable law.