University of Maine Foundation Employment Opportunities
We seek a highly motivated, goal-oriented professional to join our fundraising team in Portland, Maine. The successful candidate will network and steward a portfolio of donors and play a critical role in representing and furthering philanthropic support for the University community.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000
Tell us about your unique qualifications! To apply, send a cover letter, a resume, and three references to email@example.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with opportunities for professional development:
- 22 paid vacation days
- 22 paid sick days
- 13 paid holidays
- 403(b) and 10% employer contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and supplemental life insurance
- Short/Long-term disability
- Flexible spending plans
- Continuing education assistance
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Philanthropy Associate will develop relationships on behalf of the University of Maine Foundation to benefit the University of Maine with alumni, friends, and volunteers, leading to intermediate-level annual and major gifts.
- Develops a portfolio of 100 – 120 prospects by networking and qualifying prospects
- Completes 120 face-to-face visits annually, documenting activities, strategies, results, and next steps in database systems
- Meets or exceeds yearly dollar goals by soliciting President’s Club and major gifts
- Provides consistent, donor-centered outreach, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Works closely with university and foundation staff to ensure full integration, engagement, and coordination with all fundraising activities following prospect management guidelines
- Assists in planning and implementing campaign-related fundraising initiatives
- Keeps abreast of private support needs and opportunities across the university generally and to specific college initiatives as assigned
- Deepens expertise by attending appropriate professional development opportunities through organizations such as CASE, AFP, or other networks in areas of responsibility
Work Schedule, Location, and Environment
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Due to the nature of the position, work beyond regular hours, including evenings and weekends, may be necessary to meet the position’s requirements.
This position is located at the Foundation’s Portland, Maine office.
This position requires regular attendance at community and athletic events as a university representative and host.
There is significant pressure for success based on fundraising goals and expectations.
This position requires extensive local and domestic overnight travel. The employee is required to hold a valid driver’s license and either a U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- One or more years of fundraising or relevant work experience, such as development support, customer relations, or sales
- Demonstrated engagement in activities with external constituents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools and database systems
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit environment
- Basic understanding of solicitation concepts and principles
The University of Maine Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer