There are at least six ways to use life insurance to benefit the University of Maine:
- Name the University of Maine Foundation as primary, secondary or final beneficiary of a policy you own;
- Purchase a new policy for the benefit of the University of Maine Foundation;
- Give a paid up policy you already own by changing the owner and beneficiary;
- Give a policy on which you are still paying premiums and deduct premium payments as charitable gifts;
- Buy a policy benefiting your heirs to replace money or property you have given to the University of Maine Foundation; or
- If it is more advantageous, purchase a life insurance policy on the life of another person.
Upon the death of the insured, the Foundation will receive full policy benefits, which will be endowed for the purposes you direct.
The University of Maine Foundation has professional giving officers ready to work with you and your advisors. We may be reached Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm by calling 1.800.982.8503 or via email at email@example.com.